What You Need to Plan Your Outdoor Wedding
You must be planning your wedding and reception? If you have less than six months until your wedding, don’t panic, we can help! Call now to see what we have available for your date.If you have six months or more, we’ve got a plan! Read our Wedding Checklist below!
If you have six months or more, we’ve got a plan! Read our Wedding Checklist below!
- Get your budget ready by establishing in order of priority.
- Start browsing wedding ideas on Pinterest, wedding blogs and magazines to find your desired colors and aesthetics.
- Build your guest list (You need a head-count before anything else!)
- Choose members of your wedding party.
- Find a venue for your wedding ceremony and reception, then reserve it for your date.
- Now that you have your date all set, don’t forget to tell everyone! You can opt for Save-the-date cards, or have an affordable wedding announcement website built to share with your invitees and on social media. A website is a perfect solution to tell your love story, update and engage your guests.
- Start interviewing vendors.
As the date gets closer, and you’ve chosen your vendors, 6 months away…
- Hire a DJ for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception.
- Discuss design and verbiage of your wedding invitations.
- Decide on a floral arrangement with your floral designer.
- Hire wedding cake designer, don’t forget the taste test!
- Create your wedding gift registry, Amazon is a perfect place for this! Don’t forget to update your announcement website with the registry links!
- Arrange hotel rooms for out-of-town guests. Most hotel chains offer group rates!
- Shop for your bridesmaid/flower girl dresses, don’t forget to give informative instructions to your attendees on where to place their orders.
- Book any necessary transportation.
- Finalize any bridal shower/bachelorette details/guest list.
3-4 Months Until The Big Day…
- Book a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner location. Don’t forget to invite your DJ/entertainment. This will give them a good look at the available space so that entertainment services go over as smooth as possible. More planning = less emergencies the day of the wedding.
- Build your rehearsal dinner guest list.
- Reserve all your wedding reception rentals and linens with PartyHub.
- Order wedding favors for guests.
- Shop for and make reservations for men’s formalwear.
- Pay special attention to finalyzing:
- Guest list. Make sure to obtain everyone address.
- The verbiage/wording of paper invitations. Finalize the look and desired stationary to be used, consider additional stationary (menu cards, numbered place cards, thank you cards etc. Schedule a pickup/delivery date for your invitations. Send out invites no later than 2 months prior to your wedding date.
- Menu, beverage and meal catering details.
- Ceremony readings and vows.
- Timeline of reception, all the formal details
6-8 Weeks Until The Big Day
- The date is getting close… Mail invites if you haven’t already.
- Start recording RSVPs and their meal choices
- Stay in close contact with vendors to confirm date, deposit, fine details.
- Research marriage license requirements and the documents needed for name-change.
- Dress fittings. Don’t forget the proper undergarments.
- Touch base with your wedding party to make sure they have all their necessary attire ordered.
- Write thank you cards for shower gifts and any already received gifts.
3-5 Weeks Until The Big Day
- Send out the rehearsal dinner invitations. If informal, simply send an evite. Now is a good time to make sure you have everyone’s email address!
- Finalize and confirm:
- Wedding vows and readings w/ your wedding officiant, solemniser, or “vow master.”
- List of requested shot list for photo/video.
- Delivery special song requests to DJ for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.
- Build timeline of reception, who’s giving the toast’s…?
- Wedding night and honeymoon hotel accommodations.
- Obtain all required marriage license and name-change forms.
- Pick up your rings!
- If a traditional wedding in planned, don’t forget the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!
- Buy your guest book, champagne toasting flutes, cake servers, etc.
- Buy gifts for your wedding party, and parents of the wedding couple.
- Do the final dress fitting. Bring everything you’ll wear on your big day for the full picture.
- Ugh…Open a can of whoopass on anyone who hasn’t RSVP’d yet.
1-2 Weeks Left Until Your Big Day
- Give a final guest list count to your caterer and venue.
- Create the seating chart
- Pick up your gown. Cry happy tears.
- Check the weather for your upcoming your big day. Don’t forget, we have tents!
The Day Before Your Big Day
- Make sure everything you’ll need tomorrow is packed/laid out and ready. (Don’t forget the marriage license, and of course, the rings!)
- Calculate the final payments to vendors. If you have monetary tips for them, put them in marked envelopes and give to the Best Man to hand them out.
- Assign someone to pack all your wedding-day gifts/belongings (don’t forget the cake’s top tier).
- Get someone to return your groom’s tux the day after the ceremony.
- Go to bed early, rest up for your big day!